I have been getting work doing makeup on short films lately, but I think I could be doing better. Being a freelance makeup artist can be a bit lonesome and confusing at times. This evening I am attending a free Jump Start Intro course. It’s part of Strategy Coaching’s promotion for their one month Career-Igniting Jump Start Course led by professional career coach Shawn Tolleson. I saw her speak at the last Hair and Makeup Artist Network meeting and she has some really good advice, so I am interested in see what else she has to say this evening. I will let you know what I think of the intro course.
If you are interested there will be another free free Jump Start Intro course:
Thursday, April 12 at 7:15pm. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is an excerpt from Jump Start program website:
“In Jump Start™ you will…
- Clearly articulate your next breakthrough goal and a strong plan to accomplish it.
- Identify your brand and learn to share it powerfully.
- Learn the skills of Pitching Yourself Powerfully™ in any encounter, meeting or networking event.
- Get feedback on how you occur when you are presenting or meeting people for the first time. Learn how to present authentically and powerfully.
- Identify the right mentor for where you are in your career and effectively approach that mentor.
- Identify your current relationships as well as relationships you need to cultivate for your success and the tools for doing so.
- Learn to identify your core motivation for every action you take in life and how to shift ineffective actions into effective actions to accomplish your goals.
- Learn the biological roots of fear and how to move past it in the moment when you are stopped by fear or confusion.
- Gain new relationships and resources, a new team of people around you, and coaches supporting you.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Make bold, appropriate requests that produce results.
- Gain individualized support and accountability so as to manage the ups and downs powerfully.
Please note that Jump Start™ is designed both for beginning and mid-career professionals. Anyone who needs a structure for accomplishment, strategic goal-setting, accountability and coaching will benefit.”
READ. COMMENT. CONNECT!
Please feel free to leave comments and let me know what you are thinking. I would love to hear from you!