Note: Makeup Dr. Shari is not feeling well, today. As such, the below article is a repost, but no less informative and entertaining!
Think you don’t have time to apply makeup in the morning? Here are five quick steps to get you out the door looking fresh and naturally beautiful. Plus, products you can find at Sephora that will help you get the look.
You get a hint of color with the moisture and sun protection you need.
- Bobby Brown’s SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer, $40. This tinted moisturizer is new, oil free and comes in 9 colors.
- Stila’s Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free SPF 20, $34. It’s water resistant, which is great for trips to the beach. Available in 10 colors.
Step 2: Crème or gel blush
These blushes give you a glow like you are naturally flushed. Smile and dab across the apples of your cheeks, blending toward the hairline.
- Natural Cheek Stain by Tarte, $30. This natural cheek stain comes in 8 great colors.
- Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks, by Bobbi Brown, $24. A crème formula that comes in 5 beautiful shades to use on the lips and cheeks
Step 3: Light dusting of powder
Apply little extra powder to the entire eyelid. It will give your eyes a smoother finished look.
- “Hello Flawless!” SPF 15, by Benefit, $34. A pressed powder comes in 9 shades, goes on sheer and layers easily for more coverage.
- HD Microfinish Powder, by Make Up For Ever, $30. A loose, completely translucent powder that can be worn alone or over foundation. Talc free, 100% mineral silica powder feels silky smooth on the skin.
Step 4: Sheer lip color
Use a gloss, or sheer lipstick, or lip pencil.
- Lab Shine Lip Gloss, by Make Up For Ever, $18 and comes in 26 shades. It has a non-sticky texture that hydrates your pout.
- Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil, by NARS, $24. Contains vitaminE, available in 6 terrific shades.
Step 5: Apply two or three coats of mascara
I like to use waterproof mascara, especially during allergy season.
- They’re Real! Mascara, new from Benefit, $22. Available in Jet Black, it has a special brush design to help provide length and volume.
- HYPNOSE WATERPROOF – Custom Volume Mascara, by Lancome, $25. Available in black and brown and is advertised as 16 hour wear.
What’s your quick “no-makeup” makeup routine? Leave a comment.