I have tried a LOT of mascaras in my time. While several of them have enhanced my lashes nicely, most make my eyes itch and cause little pimples on the water line of my top and bottom lid. So when I heard of Benefit’s “They’re Real” mascara, I wasn’t too hopeful.
So, like any good makeup junkie, I sucked it up and gave it a try. I liked the sleek, reflective packaging and pithy name that Benefit is so well known for, but of course it’s what’s inside that counts. Would this mascara bottle contain the magic wand that would allow me to finally wear mascara everyday? Could itchy, watery eyes be a thing of the past for me?
Here’s what the Benefit’s They’re Real product box said:
94% saw dramatic length and volume
90% saw bas-to-tip curl
94% saw visible lift
100% saw long-wearing results.
Here’s my review of Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara:
- Glides on smooth. I can work from the root of the lashes to the tip, even on the second coat.
- Easy to reach smaller lashes. The bristles are in a dome formation on the top of the wand. This made it easier for me to get the lashes in the inner corner of the eye and on the bottom lid, without getting mascara everywhere. Of course dabbing the wand on a paper towel before applying helps too.
- Feels light-weight, even thought it gives the lashes a thick, heavy look.
- Not waterproof but… I haven’t notice a lot of smudging or moving. Even when I perspired or got teary eyed.
- I did notice a little curl. Even without curling my lashes, but I would still curl my lashes to get the most benefit (no pun intended).
- It did lengthen and thicken my lashes….. I am not sure I saw lift. Although I think that is very suggestive.
- Did NOT irritate my eyes! This is the biggest plus for me and the reason I will keep using it. Almost no pimples on the water line.
Have you tried Benefit’s They’re Real mascara? Leave a comment and let me know what you think of the product.